- See more at: http://tutorialgeek.blogspot.ca/2010/11/how-to-change-your-blogger-domain-url.html#sthash.JOLPbG90.dpuf my beauty full adventure - do not use: April 2012 Glymm Box

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

April 2012 Glymm Box

So, this post is extremely over do. I received my box a few weeks ago, but just haven't had the motivation to write this review. Again I am very disappointed with Glymm this month. Last month's box was so good and I thought that they would continue sending out great boxes, but I was wrong. I am thinking of adding GlossyBox to my life, cause it looks like they continuously send out great boxes every month full of great products.

Here is my review of this month's products.

Very small samples and a very empty box this month.

ATELIER COLOGNE/Orange Sanguine Fragrance
Sample Value: 1ml/$2
Full Size: 30ml/$60
On the Card: Atelier Cologne is a niche perfume house based in Paris and New York. Each scent is intended to embody a "singular moment" of memory and experience. We present to you Orange Sanguine, "It was the kind of moment you would want to revisit. Everyone was here, gathered on the terrace for breakfast, and the scent of fresh oranges was diffusing in the yellow heat. A symphony of their laughter and waves hitting the cliffs played in the air."
My Thoughts: I was really surprised that I liked this perfume. I first thought it was literally a cologne for guys, but I could see myself wearing this perfume evryday. It really smells like oranges and it isn't too strong for day to day wear. I'm not sure if I would buy the full size, but if I got another sample I wouldn't mind.

LUCIA/ Soap No. 1
Sample Value: $2.19
Full Size: Package of 8 soaps / $17.50
On the Card: These refined jewels are packed with pure botanical extracts and enriched with 100% certified organic Shea Butter. Not only will your skin feel silky-soft, it will also be thoroughly cleansed and smelling so seductive. Go ahead, drape yourself in luxury, you know you want to. Signature scents include: Goat Milk & Linseed and Wild Ginger & Fresh Fig.
My Thoughts: This soap is really little, like the size you get in your room at hotels. The scent is really fresh and I feel like this is going to be a really moisturizing soap. I am going on vacation next week, so I think that I am going to bring this to use instead of the normal unscented soaps in the room.

FREE YOUR MANE/ Sulfate Free Hydrating Shampoo & Conditioner
Sample Value: $0.80
Full Size: 300 ml / $16.00
On the Card: "I'm sorry, I cant make it, gotta wash my hair." You will totally use this line after trying this shampoo and conditioner. It gently cleanses hair and scalp while nautral oils help rebuild your hair's delicate moisture balance. With an exclusive blend of Brilliant Baobab Oil from Africa, ultra-moisturizing Argan Oil from Morocco, anti-oxidant rich Pomegranate Seed Oil and Sweet Almond Oil it will truly Free Your Mane.
My Thoughts: I hate getting shampoo samples like this!! They are too small for even one use on my long hair and I need to be able to try hair products at least a couple times before I can tell if I will like them. Samples like these I usually just give away or they end up stashed somewhere in my room forever.



MAI COUTURE/Social Gloss
Sample Value: $28.00
Full Size: 5 ml / $28.00
On the Card: Treat your lips with luxury you simply can't live without. Not only will this gloss fill in unwanted lines and restore moisture, but it will create full kissable lips. Your lips will be healthy and plump. This sheer formula will create a sumptuous and luminous sheen. The secret: A complex mix of plant extracts, naturally enhances lip volume effortlessly without the allergen. Your lips will be the life of the party.
My Thoughts: I really like the consistency of this gloss. It isn't sticky at all and goes on very smooth. This color is really sheer and basically just gives my lips a glossy and shimmery look. I wish I had gotten the pink color that some other girls were getting, but we don't always get what we want. I like this gloss, but I would never pay $28 for the full size.

NuMe/ $100 Gift Card
On the Card: Create the Nu Yu with professional styling tools and hair extensions using your exclusive $100 NuMe gift card!
My Thoughts: This gift card is useless. You are restricted on what you can actually use the gift card for and everything on the site is way over $100. I am not going to pay $40 for a straightener I dont need just to use this gift card. I wish that Glymm had put another sample in this month's box instead of this stupid gift certificate.
This month's box was a huge letdown compared to last month's box and I am really hoping that next month they get it togther and start sending out boxes like they used to when they first started.
Cost of this month's box - $10
Value of this month's box w/ gift card - $132.99
Value of this month's box w/o gift card - $32.99
Disclaimer - This box was bought with my own money. All thoughts and opinions are honest and my own. I am not being compensated for this review.


3 comments:

  1. I know they're small samples but I uuuuuurge you to try the free your mane shampoo/conditioner and not just stash it somewhere in your room! I was totally not expecting to like it, but after trying it, I fell in love/I am actually going to go hunt down the full size!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did it do much for your hair? I'll definitely give it a try now! Did you find the full size anywhere yet besides the glymm website?

      Delete
  2. I'm neither here nor there with this box..I didn't HATE it but I wasn't excited. However, Glossybox... I looooove!!! :D It's my favourite box by far.

    ReplyDelete