- See more at: http://tutorialgeek.blogspot.ca/2010/11/how-to-change-your-blogger-domain-url.html#sthash.JOLPbG90.dpuf my beauty full adventure - do not use: NAFB: Straw Manicure #2

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

NAFB: Straw Manicure #2

This Nail Art for Beginners wasn't supposed to be what it turned out to be. I was trying to do a splatter nail art manicure and it just was not working. The instructions off Pinterest said to "dip a straw into nail polish then blow out the other end of the straw so that it will splatter all over the nail." I just couldn't get it to work. I was getting either nothing or just a glob of nail polish falling out of the straw onto my nails.

So I changed tactics and tried something off the top of my head. I started with a white base, two coats of Sally Hansen Polar Bare, then used different Kozmic Colours nails lacquers for the accent colours. I would put a small drop of the colour onto the nail, and then blow through a straw to spread the colour out onto the nail. This caused the polish to thin and dry almost instantly. I tried to put the dots at different corners of the nails and blow in different directions so that they would all semi-overlap. I then topped it off with some blue glitter and a top coat.

I didn't love this manicure, maybe if I had worn it for longer then a day it would have grown on me. I liked it a lot more before I put the glitter on, so I might attempt it again without glitter. I still want to try and achieve the splatter manicure, so if you have any tips on how to do that manicure, I would love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment