- See more at: http://tutorialgeek.blogspot.ca/2010/11/how-to-change-your-blogger-domain-url.html#sthash.JOLPbG90.dpuf my beauty full adventure - do not use: November 2013 Ipsy Glam Bag

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

November 2013 Ipsy Glam Bag

November's Glam Bag was super special, because we got 6 products instead of the normal 5, we got a full size product from Michelle's new makeup line EM Cosmetics, and for me 5 out of the 6 products were full size! One of my products arrived damaged but IpsyCare should be sending me a replacement soon. I also received a bonus sample for redeeming some of my points.

You can get your own Ipsy Glam Bag for only $10USD/$14.95CDN per month. I think there is still a waiting list right now, but it is worth waiting for. I would love if you would consider using my referral link! Click here to sign up for your own Ipsy Glam Bag!

Pixi Beauty Bronzer in Subtly Suntouched

This product didn't make the trip, unfortunately. I have since emailed Ipsy Care and they are supposed to be sending me a replacement, but it has yet to arrive. This bronzer seems like the perfect shade for my fair skin tone, and I find that it blends quite effortlessly onto the skin. There is finely milled shimmer running throughout this bronzer, and it does swatch with a slight sheen, however, it doesn't look glittery. I wont look like a Twilight vampire in the sunlight. I am going to use this product, regardless that it is broken, and I would consider buying another one when I finish this one.

EM Lash Gallery Clean Volume Mascara

Everyone got a full size product from Michelle's new makeup line, and I really didn't want the mascara, so naturally that's what I received. Although I haven't tried this mascara yet, I'm not overly excited too. I haven't really heard anything good about this mascara, and the brush and formula don't seem like anything special. Once I have used up the few mascaras that I have open currently I will try this out.

Benefit Bad Gal Lash Mascara

This was my add on product for redeeming 1000 Ipsy Points. I am super excited to try this out as I have read some great reviews on it. The size of the brush is huge, and I am hoping I get some great volume, and false lash looks from this mascara.

Nailtini Lacquer in Champagne

This is my second Nailtini Polish from Ipsy. I love the Nailtini formula, so I am happy to receive this product. In the bottle it looks coppery, however on the nail it is a shimmery rose gold. It is a pretty sheer formula, so I needed 2-3 coats for it to look opaque. There is multi-coloured shimmer throughout this polish, that you can see in certain lighting. The finish is streaky, but it isn't a bad streakiness.

Be a Bombshell Lip Crayon in Shameless

Another month, another red lip product. How much red does one girl need?? I don't like this product as much as I liked the Cailyn lip stain from last month. The colour payoff is good initially, but it fades super quick. It is a berry red shade with silver shimmer. It has a glossy finish when you first apply, but it dries to a sticky finish. It is also quite gritty from the glitter. I like that it twists up and you don't have to sharpen it, but I don't think I will be grabbing for this product that much.

Starlooks Gem Pencil in Amethyst

Like the last Starlooks pencil liner I received, this one was very creamy, with excellent pigmentation. It leaves a metallic, almost foiled line. I did find that it has a sticky consistency that has to be set with an eyeshadow or powder. The shimmer lasts all day. I actually find it quite difficult to remove all of the glitter. I probably wont use this as a liner, but as a cream shadow, or base for other shimmer eyeshadows.

BH Cosmetics Galaxy Chic Baked Eyeshadow in Sun

This orange/gold eyeshadow when combined creates a shimmery burnt orange colour. Its not an eyeshadow colour I would normally go for, but it swatches so beautifully that I know I will be grabbing for it, just out of curiosity. There seems to be a theme of shimmer in this bag, as almost every product I received has shimmer in it.
Starlooks, BH Cosmetics, Pixi, Be a Bombshell
Overall, I am happy with the contents of this months bag. Got a few colours out of my comfort zone, and most of the products were full size. I definitely got my monies worth with this bag. I cant wait to see what December's bag will hold.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh I am so jealous of the eyeshadow you got. I really wanted a sample from the galaxy palette and didn't get one lol.

    ReplyDelete