- See more at: http://tutorialgeek.blogspot.ca/2010/11/how-to-change-your-blogger-domain-url.html#sthash.JOLPbG90.dpuf my beauty full adventure - do not use: What I got for Christmas/Boxing Day Haul

Thursday, January 2, 2014

What I got for Christmas/Boxing Day Haul

Happy New Year Everyone!! I hope that you all had a great Christmas and New Years surrounded by friends and family.

I want to get out of the way at the beginning that this post is by no means me bragging about what I got and purchased for myself. I am simply sharing like so many others in the beauty community have been over the past week. These have been some of my favourite videos to watch lately, so I thought I would share some pictures.

I didn't get many beauty products for Christmas, cause honestly I really don't need anything. But on Boxing Day I picked up quite a few skincare and makeup sets. I normally go to Walmart first thing on Boxing Day because all of their Christmas gift sets go on sale 50% off. I stock up mainly on skincare, and I don't have to buy any for the rest of the year. I will put the price of the sets below the pictures.
Before Christmas, I took a trip to Frankenmuth, Michigan and bought a few things. The first was the Clinique 3 Step bundle above. It cost $11.75 which was the price of the Clarifying Lotion by itself at the CCO. I needed more Clarifying Lotion so this was an easy buy. At Dollarama I picked up the Clean & Clear Body Wash to try out.
At a LancĂ´me Outlet store I picked up the Glamorous Nudes palette as a gift to myself for getting a new full time job. It was normally on sale for $45, I got it for $22. These are my first high end eye shadows and I'm really excited to try them out. At Ulta I could have gone crazy, but I restrained myself and only picked up a few things I have been wanting to try. The first was the UD De-Slick Spray. I bought the sample bottle for $14. I also picked up a sample trio of UD eyeliners. These were $14ish I believe.
The only makeup product I asked for this Christmas was the Real techniques Core Collection. I have been looking for this collection for so long, but they are always sold out. I'm glad that my mom could find it. These are some of my favourite brushes!
My parents also got me a box of the Kirkland makeup remover wipes from Costco. These are my favourite remover wipes, and this box normally lasts me an entire year.
This 5 piece travel makeup brush set was on sale for $4.50. The brushes are extremely soft, and I am in love with the rose gold handles.
This Venus Embrace Travel Pack came with the handle, two razor cartridges, a small can of shave cream, and the travel container. It was on sale for $9.
I couldn't find any Nivea skincare sets this year so I picked up two of the Olay Fresh Effects Sets. These were seriously the best deal. They were on sale for $12 and came with a full size cleanser, lotion, and makeup remover wipes. They also came with the small cleanser brush, that kinda reminds me of the Clarisonic, as well as, a sample cleanser to use with the brush. I am hoping that this skincare routine does wonders for me.
 I wasn't in the market for a hairdryer, but this Revlon one was only $15. It came with two attachments, a hair brush, a mirror, some hair clips, and a headband. It was a deal I couldn't pass up.
This Revlon set came with a travel sized straightener, three hairbrushes, and an assortment of other hair accessories. It was on sale for $12. Even though I already have a straightener, I picked this up because it will be good for travel.
At Shoppers Drug Mart, the Live Clean travel sized skincare sets were on sale for $5. I only picked up one, but I was tempted to get a lot more. But seeing as I have never used this brand before, I didn't know if I would like it.
 I love Clean & Clear skincare, so buying this set was a no brainer. It was on sale for $9.99.
This Balea set was a total impulse buy. It comes with makeup remover wipes, eye makeup remover, cotton rounds, and a BB cream. This kit was on sale for $11.99.
Essence wasn't on sale, but I couldn't pass up on this Limited Edition Collection. The eye shadows are so shimmery and glittery. I believe the eye shadows were $2.99 and the face powder was $3.99.

Did you get any great deals on Boxing Day? Let me know in the comments below!

4 comments:

  1. You scored some awesome finds! I've heard quite a few people mention that they love the Kirkland face wipes, I think I'm going to have to try those next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Kirkland ones Sam! They are very saturated with product, so they don't dry out. The wipes is heavy duty so it doesn't tear, and the size of the wipe is big enough to do your entire face. You wont be disappointed. Plus the price is a great value!

      Delete
  2. My mom bought the Balea BB cream in light for herself but it was too light for her skin tone so she ended up giving it to me. The formula comes out a bit weird (chunky I guess?) but it goes on quite nice

    ReplyDelete